- Understanding Dyslexia – A Conference for Parents, Families & Educators
- Last chance to register for O-G Associate training fall-winter 2016-17
- Registration open for Orton-Gillingham Associate Training – Fall-Winter 2016-17
- Great resources for teaching
- O-G Associate level Summer 2016 training – Toronto, Canada – registration open!
Tag Archives: teacher knowledge perception phonics phonological awareness syllabication instruction teaching
Teachers don’t know as much as they think: Study of teachers’ awareness of research-based literacy practices
This research built on and supports earlier work by Cunningham, Perry, Stanovich, and Stanovich (2004) and explored teacher’s knowledge and perception of knowledge about phonics, phonological awareness, and syllabication. Teachers in this study overestimated their knowledge of phonemic awareness, phonetic … Continue reading