- Understanding Dyslexia – A Conference for Parents, Families & Educators
- Last chance to register for O-G Associate training fall-winter 2016-17
- Registration open for Orton-Gillingham Associate Training – Fall-Winter 2016-17
- Great resources for teaching
- O-G Associate level Summer 2016 training – Toronto, Canada – registration open!
Tag Archives: brain
The 2nd annual Spotlight on Dyslexia on-line conference by Learning Ally is coming up on December 4 from 9:30am – 6:00 pm. Attend sessions with world class experts from the comfort of your home! Attend live or watch later. Max … Continue reading
An article in the Globe and Mail on Friday, October 23, 2015 by Mary Beach discusses how a teacher, trained in the Orton-Gillingham approach, turned around a student in grade 2 who was struggling with dyslexia.
A quick easy to read post about Understanding Dyslexia and the Reading Brain in Kids. Written by Holly Korbey about a recent talk given by Maryanne Wolf. http://ww2.kqed.org/mindshift/2015/10/01/understanding-dyslexia-and-the-reading-brain-in-kids/
If you want to know more about what happens in our brain when we read or you are interested in how the brain is both shaped by and has had a role in shaping language, this would be a wonderful … Continue reading
A recent article in the New York Times discusses the importance of teaching handwriting in elementary schools and its role in the the learning process overall. The benefits of handwriting over keyboarding is certainly an important consideration in this day … Continue reading